In Part One of this series we will discuss soil. As a gardener, you need to know what soil is, what it contains, what makes good soil, and what it does for your plants.
By the end of this lesson you will be able to
- Describe soil components by size and behavior
- Describe fertile soil by soil component ratio
- Understand the role of the living organisms in and on the soil
- Understand basic soil chemistry as required by most vegetable crops
- Identify fertile soil using your senses
- Protect and Care for the soil ecosystem